This is one of my families favorite go to recipes. It is a fairly quick throw together meal that even your kids will love. Yes I know the cheddar cheese soup is not the most healthful, however when you need a quick meal this is great to have on hand! I’ve slowly adapted the recipe over the years, and have “healthed” it up a bit by adding the black beans, corn and brown rice. I’m sure you could even make your own “real” cheese mixture if you wanted to.

Black Bean Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
1lb skinless, boneless chicken breast
1 can Campbell’s Cheddar Cheese Soup
1/2 to 1 cup salsa
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 can or approx. 1 cup black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 cup frozen or fresh corn
10 tortillas

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Cut chicken into small pieces and cook in a nonstick skillet until done and no longer pink.
    Add soup and salsa and heat through.

3. Add your cooked rice, black beans and corn. Stir.

4. Cut your tortillas in half and spread about 1/3 cup of soup mixture on each tortilla. Fold in half and
    place on baking sheet.

5. Bake for about 5-10 minutes or until tortillas are slightly crisp.

I don’t usually measure when I make this, so I have estimated the amounts. Feel free to play with more or less of each ingredient to make it your own!

We usually have a few leftover and I love to grab one cold for breakfast too!

ENJOY!

11 comments

1. I love this dinner. Easy, good, and filling!

2. Angela says:

MMMMMMMMM sounds and looks yummy! Thanks for following Mommy Time Out

3. April Me says:

Cute blog! Thanks for joining our blog hop. I'm following you back :)

April

4. YUM! I will make sure to add this to our menu! We love quesadilla!! :) Will pin it to! :)
    S.O.S. Mom

5. Evelyn says:

These look delicious! How easy, great idea! Just visiting from the May Blog Hop and am now following you. I would also love to invite you to link this up to Freedom Fridays Blog Hop.

PS Check out my May 24th post where I am co hosting Katherine's Corner Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. TWO Parties, one place! So hoping to see you there!

6. I LOVE quesadillas! Thanks for sharing at Snacktime Saturday.

7. Hanna says:

I will definitely give this a try- need a change from our regular quesadilla recipe!

8. Lisa R says:

I must make this, I love love love quesadillas

sibabe64 at ptd dot net

9. Jutta P. says:

Yum, we love quesadillas. My husband and I are huge fans of black beans, but my kids seem to have problems with their texture. I wonder if “hiding” them in one of their favorite treats would help.

10. Mary Dailey says:

Love black beans and quesadillas! Can’t wait to try this recipe and it doesn’t take long to make!

11. Mary Dailey says:

This is perfect! I’ve been looking for a new quesadilla recipe