This is one of my families favorite go to recipes. It is a fairly quick throw together meal that even your kids will love. Yes I know the cheddar cheese soup is not the most healthful, however when you need a quick meal this is great to have on hand! I’ve slowly adapted the recipe over the years, and have “healthed” it up a bit by adding the black beans, corn and brown rice. I’m sure you could even make your own “real” cheese mixture if you wanted to.
Black Bean Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
1lb skinless, boneless chicken breast
1 can Campbell’s Cheddar Cheese Soup
1/2 to 1 cup salsa
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 can or approx. 1 cup black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 cup frozen or fresh corn
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Cut chicken into small pieces and cook in a nonstick skillet until done and no longer pink.
Add soup and salsa and heat through.
3. Add your cooked rice, black beans and corn. Stir.
4. Cut your tortillas in half and spread about 1/3 cup of soup mixture on each tortilla. Fold in half and
place on baking sheet.
5. Bake for about 5-10 minutes or until tortillas are slightly crisp.
We usually have a few leftover and I love to grab one cold for breakfast too!