I had a friend drop off two big boxes of apples last week. (Thank You!) And while trying to decide on what to feed the boys for breakfast, and looking at those apples, I came up with this!

Apple Fritter Pancakes! Super easy and super delicious and perfect for using all the great Fall apples that are available right now.

I used my apple, corer, slicer machine, (love this thing) to make thin apple circles. You could easily just cut thin apple slices as well. And then dipped them in my pancake batter. Any pancake batter will work. I had just a tiny amount of oil in my pan so they didn’t stick and then just cooked them as you would a pancake. I did flip them a few extra times to give the apple a little extra time to cook.

I experimented with butter and powdered sugar for the topping, however the maple syrup ended up being the best tasting topping. The boys gobbled these up so fast! If you have any leftovers they freeze well too!

Guaranteed your kids and you will love these! A new easy way to spiff up the ol’ pancake!

10 comments

1. Jordan says:

Wow, that is so neat and clever!
    I never would have thought to stick an apple inside a pancake!
    Very cute idea, thanks for sharing!

-Jordan :)

2. Art Mama says:

Those look sooooooooooooooooooooooo yummy! Great idea!

3. Thanks for linking up to Snacktime Saturday! I'm definitely trying this next time I make pancakes.

4. Kathy Lane says:

Yummy! I bet these pancake fritters are so good.I can’t wait to try them.

5. courtney b says:

that’s awesome! never had those before !:) but now im curious….

6. jamie says:

ha! love the idea of putting the apple slice like that in the pancake. maybe it would be good with pears, too?

7. Bertha Wilson says:

I will make these for my grand-kids some Saturday morning. They love apples and pancakes!!! Great recipe!!!

8. John Hutchens says:

great idea and they look tasty. Gonna do this for breakfast tomorrow

9. Sally says:

These look so delicious! I love apples and pancakes too so these are a hit in my book!!